Melbourne’s fave, Polyester Records, has live music with Jaala, The Living Eyes and Spotting, plus DJ sets from Sweet Whirl, DJ Lachlan , Jess Cornelius, Ben & Guy and The Goon Sax.
25% off all records. Stop in for a bite or a drink while you’re there.
Rocking Horse will be up bright and early and opening the doors at 9am with the largest number of releases yet in-store on the day .. more than 200. Lists will be posted to the website and Facebook as they open their boxes. All day DJ who will spin tunes from new and secondhand vinyl, CDs and DVDs .. from the store’s racks.
Rare Records has been crazy busy getting stock so there will be heaps of Record Store Day titles including imports. Whole bunch of sales deals on the day including discounts and reductions on selected items.
Get your hands on a huge selection of this year’s limited edition Record Store Day releases, as well as there always fresh and generously priced selection of new and used vinyl, turntables, and all things vinyl!
Special guest DJ’s will be spinning tunes on wax all day long and they’ll have heaps of giveaways and door prizes up for grabs.
Here’s what’s happening at Round and Round Records on Record Store Day:
* If you buy anything, you go in a raffle to win a $500 GIFT VOUCHER from Round and Round. The more you buy, the greater chance you have of winning, as you get a docket for every $10 spent. The winning docket will be drawn on Tuesday the 25th of April.
* Because many regulars can’t make it into the shop on the day, they are also running this part of the deal on Thursday the 20th and Friday the 21st.
* Second prize: a swag of 10 LPs, including titles from DAVID BOWIE, JOY DIVISION, THE DRONES, POPOL VUH and more, valued at approx. $300.
* Every purchase gets a free Round and Round sticker; every purchase over $50 also gets a free Round and Round tote bag.
* A selection of the best/most interesting exclusive Record Store Day releases from around the world.
* A ton of killer releases, both local and international, just landed/landing in the shop this week. They claim to be ‘stocked to the eyeballs’ with the best in psych, prog, indie, punk, metal, jazz, soul, blues, soundtracks, hip-hop, electronica, dance and much more.
So enjoyed listening to this. Record Store Day ambassador Anthony Albanese MP, aka DJ Albo, is interviewed on the award winning podcast Vinyl Soul. Half an hour of music discussion. Worth investing your time! Click on the image above for the link to iTunes.
Sydney’s beloved RedEye Records is opening at 8am. Their website will list everything they receive on Friday evening. 10% discount on all secondhand records, CDs, DVDs and books in stock. 3pm Allday will be signing copies of his new album Speeding.
Long listen, but worth it.. some great music! Record Store Day ambassador Anthony Albanese MP (aka DJ Albo) curates iHeartRadio powered by Noise 11, interviewed by Paul Cashmere.
This is 21st century radio on demand, so click this link and you can listen to the program whenever, wherever.
New kid in a physical store, has live bands all day plus food, discounts, coffee, giveaways and more.
Live music from Jess Ribeiro, Jarrow, Good Boy, Witch Hats, White Vans and Hollow Everdaze.
Warning: the store says vinyl. on the outside …. confused, you will be!