Super popular Thornbury Records is opening at 10am and have around 200 Record Store Day exclusives plus a chance to win a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable, worth $549, and a couple of Idle Hands Jex vinyl stands, worth $109 each. Sounds good!
Melbourne’s fave, Polyester Records, has live music with Jaala, The Living Eyes and Spotting, plus DJ sets from Sweet Whirl, DJ Lachlan , Jess Cornelius, Ben & Guy and The Goon Sax.
25% off all records. Stop in for a bite or a drink while you’re there.
Rare Records has been crazy busy getting stock so there will be heaps of Record Store Day titles including imports. Whole bunch of sales deals on the day including discounts and reductions on selected items.
Here’s what’s happening at Round and Round Records on Record Store Day:
* If you buy anything, you go in a raffle to win a $500 GIFT VOUCHER from Round and Round. The more you buy, the greater chance you have of winning, as you get a docket for every $10 spent. The winning docket will be drawn on Tuesday the 25th of April.
* Because many regulars can’t make it into the shop on the day, they are also running this part of the deal on Thursday the 20th and Friday the 21st.
* Second prize: a swag of 10 LPs, including titles from DAVID BOWIE, JOY DIVISION, THE DRONES, POPOL VUH and more, valued at approx. $300.
* Every purchase gets a free Round and Round sticker; every purchase over $50 also gets a free Round and Round tote bag.
* A selection of the best/most interesting exclusive Record Store Day releases from around the world.
* A ton of killer releases, both local and international, just landed/landing in the shop this week. They claim to be ‘stocked to the eyeballs’ with the best in psych, prog, indie, punk, metal, jazz, soul, blues, soundtracks, hip-hop, electronica, dance and much more.
New kid in a physical store, has live bands all day plus food, discounts, coffee, giveaways and more.
Live music from Jess Ribeiro, Jarrow, Good Boy, Witch Hats, White Vans and Hollow Everdaze.
Warning: the store says vinyl. on the outside …. confused, you will be!
Just keeping it simple at Round Again: it’s 10% off across the store.
Off the Hip, underground at 381 Flinders lane, but actually off Tavistock Place …. has live music and special vinyl and more. They promise ‘tasty bands on the stage and it’s going to be lovely and pretty and ugly and awesome and the last time to catch us for now’. Sad.
Crinkle Cut Records will have copies of the 7″ with every delicious treat Mick has tucked into the woodwork.
Music starts at 2pm as follows:
General Men 2pm
The Beat Taboo 2-40
James McCann 4pm
Kit Warhurst 4-40
Happy Lonesome 5-20
Kill Dirty Youth 6pm
And like all our instores Record Store Day is free, BYO, all ages, sponsored by the good folk at Young Henry’s Brewery
Strangeworld Records in Fitzroy will hoist the roller door at 9am, light the bbq at 11am (vegetarians and omnivores catered for), have Strangeworld t shirts, and have secured a dozen limited edition releases from the US, UK and Japan that are exclusive to Strangeworld inc some out-of-print King Gizzard colour vinyl variants.